Monday, April 21, 2008

Webcam Freezes In Yahoo

bamboo under the coconut trees of Koh Phi Phi

(THIS IS STILL A GOOD FELLOW BLOGGERS AND LONG POST FRIENDS ALSO ... I apologize. ACTUALLY? I ASK YOU FOR FORGIVENESS LEAST THAT LONG FOR WHAT YOU WILL READ Y. IT'S SIMPLE, YOU WILL HATE ME ... AH! AH!)



il y a quelques jours de cela, regardant le soleil orange plonger dans l'océan Indien (ou mer d'Andaman pour les puristes), alors que je sirotais mon mojito, accrochée au rebord de ma piscine de resort thaïlandais, j'ai longuement médité sur l'incommensurable sacrifice que je faisais à ma carrière pour la cause des enfants pauvres de l'Asie du Sud Est.

dans les commentaires de mon dernier poste, j'ai senti une fébrilité hargneuse de la part de tous ceux qui sèchent leur manteau trempé à l'eau glacée de Paris, mais vraiment, vraimant,oui vraiment, je ne comprends pas...

ETAPE NUMERO 1: ABANDON HIS FRIENDS ...

First, everybody does not deserve to enter the Thai island paradise. Anne-Charlotte colleague knows something about sacrifice: she could not cross the border.
Yet we dreamed this journey length. Volunteers bamboo from Thailand had prepared everything for us, we just had to let ourselves be carried by the wave of the choice of bathing suit and take books to the beach.


The only hassle menu we envisioned was crossing the border because the border meant that joining an overnight stay in Sisophon, brave the atmosphere acid in this city known as a hotbed of crime in Cambodia, and leave the next day at dawn to go through Poipet, a town famous for its casinos and prostitutes, before joining the air-conditioned comfort of the double-decker bus in the Thailand.
We felt not half a second Anne-Charlotte would become the actress's worst nightmare of every holidaymaker from a border: become trapped at the customs post, side Poipet, which in itself is a true nightmare ...

The border between Thailand and Cambodia, it's pretty funny. On one side is ugly, there is nothing, the roads are défonsées, dirty, full of gravel that break windshields, and apart from two three vendors mangos there is not much to spoilers, the other side is simply Disneyland: flower beds, kisoques to the fried chicken, colorful kiosks, TVs, banks and buses to reach Bangkok fluorescent ...
Anne Charlotte will have remained on the side of vendors mangos and roads défonsées ...

We have found, quite by chance, other bamboo Cambodian attracted by the splendor of Thai resorts: Anne Gersande (his mother and his brother, but I assume that you beat in the eye), and Xavier, who were also on their respective islands, and thus proved that for bamboo from Cambodia, box holiday hinges on a change of country.
but on the border, watching the blue paper that they presented Anne Charlotte as a voluntary visa in an NGO, the taciturn Khmer customs has awakened from its lethargy and raised on her eyes shone when the dollar up at the bottom of his eye: at 5 dollars a day to pay since the expiration of his tourist visa to enter the blessed soil of its mission, poor Anne Charlotte discovered that she had to pay $ 650 ... and she was asked remttre them in cash. and "Okouna srey bong" (thank you girl)! His holiday
stopped there. There was nothing to do. except perhaps to cry ambassage of France or the Department of Education, which had issued the blue paper, explaining that he had not made it clear she would have back across the border before, for obtain the conversion of paper visa NGOs ...
you do not understand anything? do not panic: the mysteries of visa are impenetrable, even seen from here. and then, I confess that it does not matter ...

brief're ungrateful to the end and then let the poor anne charlotte back in a Camry, with butterflies in my stomach, and leave the beautiful city of Poipet, its casinos, hookers and hundreds of pairs of eyes trained on the bananaes camera bags and tourists to return to the equally bucolic town of Sisophon. In mission
bamboo is a saint, but he loses all moral vacancy. Anne Charlotte
I glanced smiling bravely, saying:
"You want my laundry? Because I think I shall have ultimately not needed" vacations
be bamboo is really a balancing act: on one side my heart felt like replying: "Anne Charlotte but not, I'll stay in Poipet and we will wash all our clothes black dust "
and the other I thought
" yeah, hey, why not? laundry, it might be a good idea to rinse my jersey after the beach ... "
option number 2 quickly outweighed vacations and crushing the bamboo. In fact I suspect we have all spent border very selfishly praying that no one prevents us from passing to the Holy Land ...
"Let them all feel as long as I go to my ME mordorè island!"

Yes I know, it ' is infamous, but before you launch a hue on the infamous Heloise without compassion, I want specify Anne Charlotte still had a very good holiday in Cambodia, and I do not leave me much if I did not have the evidence.

STEP 2: MAKE FRIENDS infidelity

brief. few hours later we were in Bangkok.
I was going back home thai bamboo alone while the others would catch their bus to their respective islands.
my new team called:
clemency, flora, Roman, Christopher and Damian.
they are all super motivated, super happy and super nice. but also, program coordinators, or project in Thailand or Laos, Karen leaders in or responsible for projects in Asia EDM their states. Briefly, we are here and we firmly.

STEP NUMBER 3: LEAVING THE REALITY TO LIVE IN A POSTCARD

A night bus, two sandwiches and two hours of infamous boat under a burning sun later, we landed at Koh Phi Phi.

as was the Water Festival and New Year Thai toout during the ride to the hotel through the village, we were generously doused with ice water and talcum by locals and tourists armed with water guns, or simply ice bucket.





but that's no problem, provided we can go to the pool, I'm not complaining ...

So here Koh Phi Phi, its form "dumbbell", "H" or "X" according to the poetry of various tourist guides who have studied the fate of this island ...



water here ... not the pool! where there are fish: it is the sea!










and of course, the sight of my bungalow, the early morning ...




STEP NUMBER 4: QUIET LUXURY AND VOLUPTE
















here is my schedule at a glance time ... so if I insist, you must know:

first day
kayak, fins and snorkel, gomage fine sand on the shores of Monkey beach, or do you sympathize with our cousins to quickly brown hair ass and pink for me Desalis pool, and cocktails to quench my thirst, facing the sunset ...


















deuxième jour
bateau pour aller sur l'incourtournable Bambou Islande (lieu clef de ce pelerinage),


petite ballade, collecte de sable et coquillage, palme et tuba, passage chez mes copains les poissons pour taper la bise et saluer Nemo, piscine pour me desaler, et cocktail pour me desaltérer, face au coucher de soleil...




troisième jour:
excursion on the other side of the island on foot (jungle in flip flops and sarong, is a winner), flippers snorkels, big fright when the coral reef for diving stops suddenly at peak in a bottomless ocean, returning by boat with prepubescent Thai (or else just "Asian"), hysterical and who take us 15 times in pictures ... desalted pool for me, and drink to quench my thirst, facing the sunset ...



here. brief but intense. I let you imagine ...

STEP NUMBER 5: MORE futility

It was then return to the capital consumption, mandatory stop before returning home:
Bangkok and its advertisements, Bangkok, under heavy rain in Bangkok and urban signage unlikely ... Briefly, Bangkok in all its splendor.



while all Thai bamboo continued their journey and departed on a mission, I Errais again in the New York Asian, still excited about this city, both day and night, was doing Damien worldliness in his apartment aquarium on the 16th floor of a building with great views over the city.














I found Anne-Gersande, its passion for jokes, then Marion knowledge Battambang



We should hold a movie night at the legendary Siam Paragon, where with our tongues and our fishermen pants, we really look like bag ladies ... all that to watch a cartoon exciting: Horton the Elephant who wanted to save the mites ...



STEP NUMBER 6: BACK TO BASICS. HAPPINESS IS THE TRUE SIDE OF Poipet ...

There. Despite
all, I was anxious to find dirt, roads défonsées, non-airconditioned buses that smell like fermented vomit (oh, no, sorry, it's the durian, but it definitely has the same smell), who want the motodop m marry, this vague feeling of freedom that comes impossible situations we live with the Khmer, and especially the little students which I longed to know the story of their holiday.
I arrived yesterday afternoon and here I am again cheered!

now finished and pristine sandy: I dream of paddy fields, Slums and kids running naked through the streets of Phnom Penh. I found the way to the bar with Eva Tokaloc organized my next trip to the bank to set my next appointment Anakut Laor, my next visit to Kampong Koh, exchanged text messages too cute with my pet, the father Ivan ( he wants me to rest even before we were to make a Quinoa party) planned to stay a few days to train newcomers DYCFE to be a team winner, threw a vintgtaine valve Laurent Boton, my manager PEM Wat Champa definitely share all the time on vacation and meet again to call from 7:12 am responsible for my local Khmer (since I showed him what meant being responsible program, the Loak tah can not do without me or I fear worse than the plague because he calls me all the time asking me how I am and when I come back ...)

brief I'm back, I fired up, and time is too short!

0 comments:

Post a Comment