Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How Many Calories Ina Brownies

Jane Austen, Beatrix Potter & Co

I do not know why but I always loved the costumes, the murmur of organdy that offends walking, the long skirts that must be addressed to climb stairs, frilly, old lace (without arsenic), boots laced hats and gloves.
I feel more feminine clothing, fancier, more elegant too ... I may look pretty standard imposed by the fashion and ready-to-wear. So as to spend time in making his own clothes, as "letting go" a little and do things you really love without worrying "that tell you one." Things handmade with care, things that will last ...

During my wanderings on the web I discovered things perfectly in line with what I was looking for and, so, I wanted to share my findings telling me that I was perhaps not the only "original", especially when I see the renewed interest in the work of Jane Austen (embroiderers will understand what I mean).

So I discovered the beautiful site of Jenny Chancey: Sense & Sensibility , whose name is the title of a book by Jane Austen (this will not escape the fans). There are patterns inspired clothing dating from the Regency, Edwardian period, and even some inspired by the movie Titanic. There is also a forum to get help if necessary, to exchange ideas. I threw my heart on the skirt and jacket "Beatrix Potter", a romantic blouse and a dress of the afternoon the Edwardian era. It remains for me to convince my boyfriend to take me to find the fabric of my dreams.

In the same vein, there are some very nice home Folkwear . I think they do it later "riding skirt. Not that I have the soul of an Amazon or inclination to play Calamity Jane, but it seems ideal to beat the campaign in the fall.
And then there River Junction. Here, no bosses but clothes that can greatly inspirer et surtout des accessoires pour compléter une tenue. 
Si vous connaissez d'autres adresses du même genre... pensez à partager, j'en serais très heureuse ;-)

I cannot really explain the reason why I love costumes, the whispering organdi crumpled while walking, the long skirts lightly lifted to go upstairs, rustles, old laces, tied up boots, hats and gloves.
I want more feminity in my clothes, more fancy and more elegance too. I think I'm perhaps fed up with
the standard look imposed by fashion and ready to wear clothes.
As for spending time doing my own clothes, I'll unleash the fancy and do what I really love without being worried about what the others think. Carefully handmade clothes last.
While wandering on the web, I've discovered some nice places with things matching perfectly my little heart whishes and I thought I should perhaps share my findings just in case...

So, I've discovered the wonderful Jenny Chancey's website: Sense & Sensibility , perfect for the ones who love Jane Austen's universe. Jenny sells her own patterns based on clothes from Regency and Edwardian era. She also owns a forum linked to her website where you can find help and share your ideas. I set my heart to the Beatrix Potter jacket and skirt, a romantic blouse and a dress from the edwardian era. Now I just have to persuade my beloved to take me shopping and choose the fabric of my dreams.
There are also some nice patterns in the same style at Folkwear . I think I'll certainly sew their rinding skirt. Not that I want to play Calamity Jane, but this sort of skirt seams to be the perfect cloth to walk in the countryside, especially for this season and the winter.
I've also discovered River Junction . No pattern here, but some readymade inspiring clothes and pretty accessories to complete the look.
Well, if you know more similar websites, be kind enough to share, I'll be more than happy. ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment