I'll tell you the secret to a delicious and very ancient, that of elderberry lemonade also called elderflower champagne, but I prefer to call more poetically "Champagne Fairy" ... because the elder is also known in popular tradition "fairy tree" (A must read: the fairy tale entitled "The Elderberry Fairy").
First, you must collect Elderflower (Sambucus nigra) ... in season, hurry, time is very short! I'm lucky to have them in my garden, but the elderberry shrub is easily in the countryside where it grows wild. Caution, do not be confused with the Hieble elder (Sambucus ebulus), which is an herbaceous winter disappears and is toxic!
I'll Tell you a secret ... I'll Give You the very old and delicious recipe of the elder tree lemonade, aussi elder tree here Called champagne but I prefer to use my own name which is more poetic "Fairies Champagne"... just because the elder tree is also known as "fairy tree" in the folklore ( you should read Andersen's fairytale "The Fairy of the Elder Tree").
First of all, you need to harvest some elder tree flowers (sambucus nigra)... it's the season but hurry up because this time is so short! I am very lucky to have some of these trees in my backyard, but you easily can find some naturally growing in the countryside. But be aware of not to be confused with the herbaceous variety (sambucus ebulus) which is toxic!
Récoltez 4 belles ombelles de fleurs de sureau
Teach them to swim in a large container (I used my big brass preserving pan) filled with 8 liters of spring water with added 10cl organic apple cider vinegar and 1 kilo of sugar ! Add to sit with these damsels swimmers bio 2 lemons cut into slices and marinate it all for three days, stirring regularly. You can recite a few models of good singing, it should help ;-)
Harvest 4 huge umbels of elder tree flowers
Teach Them to swim in a huge container (I've Used my big copper cauldron marmalade) filled with 8 liters of spring water, 10cl of organic cider vinegar and 1 kg of sugar. Add 2 organic lemons cut in slices to keep company With Damsels swimming thesis. Let soak for Three Days, do not forget to stir from times to times. Could you use some magic spells of success, it should "help ;-)
I made with the tarlatan a veil to protect my mixture of insects.
I've made a lot of my awakening to Protect Against Insect mixture.
After three days of maceration, filtration is required, mettre en bouteille (utilisez des bouteilles de limonade à capsule) et attendre 3 semaines avant de déguster ce délicieux nectar à bulles. Certaines
fées des générations précédentes y ajoutaient parfois une poignée de tilleul mais je n'ai pas testé avec cet ingrédient supplémentaire. Et maintenant régalez-vous!
Plus tard dans la saison, je vous donnerai la recette du sirop fait à partir des baies (une pure merveille!)
After three days of soaking, you have to seep and bottle in (use soda bootles with special stoppers) and wait 3 weeks before savouring this delicious "bubbling" nectar. Some old fairies From The previous generations Sometimes Added a Handful Of Limetree flowers goal I've not yet Tried With this extra ingredient. And now enjoy!
I'll Give you later, When The Elderberries Will Be mature, The Recipe Of The syrup Made With The berries (a true marvel!)
A small note to all those that I normally visit regularly ... Right now, I do not have much time to tinker or visit you and leave you messages, I apologize ... But I hope to soon find my stride.
0 comments:
Post a Comment