Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fishmaster Jon Boat Review

How does "you do not understand ..."?!

I dried my tears good friend Leah and abandoning a nice tak motodop grandpa too happy to take two Parisian beauties knew his coach, and I found my life super Hérault. Normal what.



But now they are gone, I can also swing: it seems you do not understand what I'm doing.
"Yes, Heloise is great she is humanitarian, it will go to heaven"

But this thing goes wrong, it's not going at all, when I get tons of messages of encouragement, support, and compliments full of admiration for my work, I finally-I-pride to think that you understood what I was doing.
Now Leah and Tak were Formal: "In Paris, we understand not what you do."

Good. They have put the forms, but the result is the same, I realize that after eight months of blather, I've overwhelmed with needless give you the keys required.
online friends, Mea culpa, I did my job badly blogger. overwhelmed by emotions and snapshots of my life here, I zapped the ABC. It's not good not good not good, and frankly "limit" to the teacher that I am supposed to be 10 days after my return.

Here is a catch-up session before you're trapped in your ignorance and greeted me with a big smile and said, "so, tell us your experience in the orphanage for children with diabetes of Cebu."


That said I have three mitigating circumstances: 1 °

it took me some time to really understand all that overlapped my title "Program Coordinator of referrals of children in Partnership.
2 ° I spend my time explaining to sponsors what they do with their money, so naturally, I felt that it was becoming clear to everyone. 3 °
you're very careful not to make me understand that you look at the illustrations ...

then we will do penance, make this magma pompous already gives you a headache, and dissect. Patience because: it's magic, you will understand everything.

1. I AM COORDINATOR ... SO I COORDINATED

In Cambodia as in all other countries or working SHS, there are plenty of small villages, full of "petinenfanpôvres.
you? ... you follow?



Me, I spend all my time to go into these villages, these areas, where EDM work to visit all the "petinenfanpôvres" that it supports, visit them in their families to watch their notebooks, their houses, meet their families.



That's why I travel. Not because I have shares in oil. A book

unkempt, last page dated January 20 when we are in June, a child can not read the last letter of his godfather when he was in grade 6, that means the child does not go to school.



(eg it is a balèze, he can write and read to + subtraction and multiplication in grade 4, then it will have its sponsorship next month)


There is a
mediocre student, but she deserves to go to school because the family situation is very chaotic, so it will also affect his sponsorship (EDM is not prepared Math Sup either ...)

If the godson disappeared for 2 months, the parents are sick, there was a birth, the house collapsed, or God knows what bad luck they still fell over when I returned to Phnom Penh, I write a letter to Sponsors fear keep them informed. Sponsors may decide to send more money, it's calm those worried about not receiving news etc.. I
and visit the 240 referrals under my responsibility at least once in year. which is let's impossible.

... and sometimes I even take the time to play Barbie to bring them into confidence, and it is super huge.


There. Here you can begin to admire me.

2. PROGRAMS THAT ANY PROGRAM ...

So beware, it is nice but not good either pears: it does not help a family through it, a family there, handing out banknotes. They must be grouped on a geographical area smooth.
I volunteer, not postmistress western union.

(right now I you glue Lawrence, the volunteer MEP. It does not look like that, but it is at wit's end. That said he stuck with a well galley: he makes you sweat to learn Khmer and he finds himself managing a Vietnamese community. Or the kids in this program, I suspect to be a bit sadistic ...)



When we established the program, then you can try to follow the school of "petinenfanpôvres", the together to propose their activities together, educate their parents in education and health.



All children sponsored program are referrals. all referrals program met at least once in the month for distribution.

distribution that is why the sponsors of the children give money every month . Each month, with the sponsorship money that I give to the local, we organize a distribution.


Rice, hygiene products, school supplies, vitamins, drugs (like deworming, very useful when we demolished the stomach, is not it Arnold?), Mosquito nets , mats, and a little money in cash so that children can pay their extra classes ...


Here typically the kind of photos I take for sponsors for educational purposes: every kid's program ("yes, your godson there, uncle), with their bags of food (" you see Uncle, they are really buying something with your sub), not to mention that I add a photo when he gets the money ("Look, he touches the tickets, he touches").

Each month the distribution changes.
At the beginning we buy uniforms priority, the thing that Ferit scream all your brothers and sisters if he again became compulsory but which is sponsored by the kids ... damn
At the beginning of the rainy season we made a Rasi of nets, it redistributes
Regularly notebooks and pens,
Every month must rice, soap, washing powder.
Sometimes we have a silver side and we buy books to a library, Water filter, you pay a teacher for AsureR courses for referrals, etc. ...
short, is the chug. (Grandpa, "the chug" it means that it's "party" is the slang, but I'll explain it all in Paris, like that after you can come get me out of my college PTA with your cap and your jogging)

The rule is: no money Cash direct families to prevent it from being hijacked by the alcoholic father, the mother addicted to gambling, etc..
The difficulty is to make that aid does not become a regular transforms us into the supermarket to free Verreux fixer. sometimes, frankly should not kid ourselves, it is.



Generally it distributions for the referrals that I attend my hand in their letters to their sponsors and that the head or me Let's put the letters of the sponsors for their godchildren. It is also the moment when I discovered that some do not know at all ... but then write at all, and there you have to improvise:
"You coming? we'll do a little drawing ..."

I'm not there at all distributions, the official who did, but when I come, usually it's an opportunity to take stock of what has been distributed must be so.

is also the time when I counted the points leaders ... the accounting ... ha ha! it's funny, right? ... "The account" ... hahaha!


3. SHORT, NOT WITHOUT PARTNER PARTNERSHIP
As
240 referrals is a bit much to Bibi, you can well imagine that even the Herald has to find the relays. To follow

education of a child seriously, we need a program manager.

The head is an association (a "local initiative" in good jargon NGOs), who wants to develop an educational project with "petinenfanpôvres" but has no money, no real organization to do. That's where I get everything I smile and I say to my tenor voice:

"OK guys, do not panic. Tell me how you bump, I'll tell you how we're doing, and we look after if it sticks. "

yes, it's a bit like that. We are supporting the initiative because people who want to help "petinenfanpôvres" is nice, and he proposes a framework within which it can do serious work. If he likes it, and whether we like it BINGO. That's how
DYCFE and I have a successful marriage.
Once a child of the Mekong and the association become partners, we decide who will be the EDM local official in the association.

So now, maybe it lights up a little for those trying to follow along:

Partner = a local intiative (an association or a parish run by missionary priests sympathetic or exceptionally NGO ...)

an official = Ivan's father, Father Franco, my girlfriend Sokka with his father, the team DYCFE or social workers from Handicap International ...
It is they who must provide weekly to monthly visits to families, let me know when a family has problems.

good little summary diagram:
(yes, I am dropped)



Any questions?

0 comments:

Post a Comment